Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a fella's wedding band

A kid stopped me yesterday morn and asked if my machine worked "over" water. I explained that it did. He told me he had lost his wedding ring the day prior in the water and that he was gonna try to find it. Well I was not prepared to go in the water. Had my short handled scoop and regular clothes and sneakers on. I watched as he was walking back and forth and felt sorry for the kid so I dove in and started swinging. It was an exercise in futility with the short scoop. :( :(

I went back last night and spent 3 hours looking in the area he had designated, to no avail. I did find 4 coins and a couple bottle caps.

This morning that area of the beach was not on my agenda but as it were I was close. Spent another hour going over the area and picked up some more coinage and lots of bottle caps.

Long story short. I found the darn ring and called the Hotel. Waiting on word from the owner to ID the booty. Thought twice about it. It's a huge 10k ring with 6 diamonds in it. Worth about $450.00 in scrap. Is karma worth it?

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 178
Re: Found a fella's wedding band

Sounds to me as if you already know what you wan't/ should do. You seem like someone with a concience, you have already been of help to this man.

'U'

Hey great going man! Good for you!

Now, come on up to Hollywood Fl. and help my find a ring, a young fellow lost, that belong to their grandfather! I searched all day. The sand ain't soft squishy, so I'm not sure if it sunk sunk. We had rough currents and mini-waves Saturday, a little rough, I don't know if it coulda rolled out to sea?

Fluffy(Excal) purred and howled all day, 2 cellphones and a 1944 wheat penny, 87 bottlecaps, the place is cleaned up, at least.
Come on down and help!

pat-tekker-cat said:
Hey great going man! Good for you!

Now, come on up to Hollywood Fl. and help my find a ring, a young fellow lost, that belong to their grandfather! I searched all day. The sand ain't soft squishy, so I'm not sure if it sunk sunk. We had rough currents and mini-waves Saturday, a little rough, I don't know if it coulda rolled out to sea?

Fluffy(Excal) purred and howled all day, 2 cellphones and a 1944 wheat penny, 87 bottlecaps, the place is cleaned up, at least.
Come on down and help!

First of all, very cool cat--deleted--.

Second, tides are different here. Where gold lands it stays. Very happy couple...One happy Pirate!

Attachments

• IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 161

tnt-k9 said:
Worth about $450.00 in scrap. Is karma worth it?

To put it another way . If you keep it you will be one of the few people on this planet that knows EXACTLY what his soul is worth . But of course we all know you will do the right thing .

paratrooper said:
tnt-k9 said:
Worth about $450.00 in scrap. Is karma worth it?

To put it another way . If you keep it you will be one of the few people on this planet that knows EXACTLY what his soul is worth . But of course we all know you will do the right thing .

"ALL THE WAY"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back