What's new

Found a few halves today

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go to my regular bank anyway. I made my deposit and almost as an after thought asked the teller if she had any halves. They had $410 worth so I got them. There were 11 40% er's there.

I drove 1/2 mile and dumped the rest into their machine. Smooth! I also had to go to that bank so gas spent on this $0.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would have thought with that many halves it would have just been someone dumping rolled halves and you'd get skunked. Unusual that someone would organically have that large a quantity. The halves must have come from two sources : one with a LOT of halves (dumper) and one with a roll or two where you pulled the 11 40%ers.
 
Right place at the right time.
 
I asked the teller, and apparently one older person gave them all of them. Right place at the right time. They were happy to get rid of them. Bankers also hate the dollar coins. IMG_0869.webp
 
Last edited:
I would have thought with that many halves it would have just been someone dumping rolled halves and you'd get skunked. Unusual that someone would organically have that large a quantity. The halves must have come from two sources : one with a LOT of halves (dumper) and one with a roll or two where you pulled the 11 40%ers.

I love the large amounts. Can't have a big score without a big amount to search.
 
Yup, paid for the gas this time. And for several other trips.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom