Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at the 1780s house where I found the 1812 button cache back in 09. This was about 25 feet away from where I found those buttons, in an area I've walked over probably 30 times. Recently at this site I've been digging basically any signal I come across with the big deus coil and have made some surprising finds.

Theres not a ton of examples online that are an exact match, but seems like a late 1700s/early 1800s British Artillery button.

Never found one like this before and think it's pretty neat [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] 20201010_202701.jpg20201010_202722.jpg

Upvote 27
Nicely done on the button, congrats.

Super nice button find! :thumbsup:

British Royal Artillery. You got the date right, circa 1795.
Your example is at the bigger end of the sizes that come out.:metaldetector: Its also in nice shape, congrats.

Congrats on that button! Very high on my wish list!

Very nice find, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

That's a beauty. Those buttons that have the perfect combination of patina and gold gilt result in lots of eye appeal.

Hi,

Circa 1790-1802. British Royal Regiment of Artillery. Featuring the 'shield of the Board of Ordnance.' You have a 'bronze' button issued to ranks below an officer.

If your button was stamped "Treble Gilt Stand.d Colour" on the reverse, it would be an officer's button. I have some of these.

That is a real beauty for a dug specimen. Congratulations! I hope you cherish it.

I am sure someone will disagree with my appraisal. I'm never permitted to be right about anything...lol

Best regards,

JG

We found two just two weeks ago. I found a one piece and my friend a two piece, both at the same site. The site produced tons of regimentals as well. Good find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back