What's new

Found a half dime, worn half reale, toasted Indian.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these yesterday. The Indian came up first. I could tell right away it wasn't gonna clean up very well. From what I can tell so far it looks like maybe a 18?7. It is toasted.. The second find was the 1839 half dime. It turned out to be a nice looking half dime but unfortunately it is a little bent. "It wasn't me I swear:) It must have got bent in its hayday. Maybe got ran over or something? The half reale is so worn out all I can make out is "pan. It must have passed through many many hands in its time. Also found a couple flat buttons and rivets. HH and have a good week everyone..joe IMG_0419 (2).webpIMG_0414.webpIMG_0425.webpIMG_0425.webpIMG_0423.webpIMG_0423.webpIMG_0428.webpSorry bout the extra pics. Still trying to figure out this new importing stuff...HH
 
Last edited:
Upvote 24
Nice finds Joe! Lot of detail on the half dime. Congrats [emoji106]

HH RN
 
That's some nice old stuff!
 
Congrats on some great finds. I like that Half Dime.
 
Great finds, especially the half dime! Still on my bucket list.
 
Congrats on pulling some keepers. :occasion14: The half dime still eludes my coil. Bent or not, I'd take it.
 
Congratualtions on the half dime and IH! I sure hope it's an 1877! :occasion14:
 
DigIron2,

Good going on the half dime.....a little trick to straighten it out without damaging it....take a couple of small softwood board and use them as a sandwich for the coin and put it in a vise and tighten.

It'll be as good as new.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom