What's new

Found a key date

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I picked-up a $500 bag of dimes from a counting machine at a bank I don't have an account at. They were very happy to sell them to me so i think I'll try to buy some more bags.

I found a 1949-S, 1952, 1964-D, 3 Canadian dimes, 3 cents, 2 nickels, and 2 quarters.

29AUG09_Dime_Total.jpg


The 1949-S has the lowest mintage highest value in the Roosevelt dime series and is the key date.

29AUG09_1949-S_Dime.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Good find but the 1955 has lower mintage on business strikes

1949 S Mintage 13,510,000 No Proofs
1955 Mintage 12,450,181 PROOFS 378,200

Darth Walker
 
My bad. I knew the 49-S had the highest value in the series and was considered the key so I thought it was the lowest mintage, but the 55 is lower.

Thanks for the correction.
 
Although its hard to see the date in the pic, if I am reading it correct and judging by the color, I am guessing that's a 1968 silver canadian dime as well....
 
Good eye GMan00001. It is a 50% Silver 1968 Canadian Dime.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom