🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
good steel in that blade --its not a el cheapo

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Outstanding find :o Those are quality knives :icon_thumleft: I'm confident you could get $60-$70 for it maybe more :headbang: Clean it up and toss it on feebay and see what happens ;D

Ace Villa-v

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They stopped manufactureing the 1050 this year which makes that a collectors item. They are selling on ebay in the 150.00 range.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Mojjax! :icon_thumleft:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re-sharpened which will decrease value a LOT. Keep it! :icon_thumleft:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to preface this week's metal detecting morning with an observation I made a few years ago at the same park. One cool fall weekday morning, I was detecting at a city park that also has the city's municipal swimming pool. No parents with toddlers or preschoolers were there due to the chill of the morning, so all was quiet. As I was detecting more than half the length of the park block away, a white panel van went down one street along side the park, turned, then pulled in longwise, across the angled marked parking slots. As it slowed to a rolling stop, the panel door rather quickly slid open and somewhat "Boomed" as it hit the end of it track. Out jumped two large dogs without breaking the forward momention.... They hunted around a few places and began to do their business. When finished, they jumped back into the van, the door roared forward and slammed shut as the van pulled away.... I just hung my head and gave a groaning laugh comment.... " I wish I had a camera....." and kept detecting.

I was caught by surprise and just had to laugh!!! Out in open area of the park, laying the grass was a "Remington Arms" slotted handle knife done in a camouflage scheme for a commando knife with a blade that is blued and half sharp/half serrated. Sells between $20-$30. The flat handle houses a folding lock blade and is about 1-1/2" wide. To the far arc swing of my detector, because it was steel, it didn't cause the detector to make a sound. Laying there with the blade folded up, in such a flat state, dusty and dirty, and in those light tan, green, and black camouflage colors. It took me three glances, and finally a bump with the edge of my coil, to decide it wasn't a flattened specimen from a white panel van with a pair of big galloping dogs.....

At the end of the morning's detecting, I found a .925 ring with a cabachon ruby and also $6.06, including 14 quarters....

Attachments

• Knife found in park grass.jpg
    Knife found in park grass.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 598

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread