What's new

Found a Lead Tobacco Pipe (scratch that), candle snuffer

diggin jimmy hoffa

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2007
Messages
765
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in Michiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a park that was established in the 1830's where I found the Civil War Store Card

At first I thought it might be a candle snuffer, but after cleaning the dirt from the bowl I noticed the hole in the bottom going to the stem.

Any ideas on age? I have this posted in the What's It Forum hoping to get some idea on how old it is

DJH
 

Attachments

  • 100_6272.webp
    100_6272.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 100_6269.webp
    100_6269.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_6272.webp
    100_6272.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_6268.webp
    100_6268.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_6271.webp
    100_6271.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 293
Re: Found a Lead Tobacco Pipe

think wooden dowel type rod for the "hole" --a long type handled candle snuffer --lead would heat up rapidly and make the tobbacco taste like --well bad.
 
Re: Found a Lead Tobacco Pipe

ivan salis said:
think wooden dowel type rod for the "hole" --a long type handled candle snuffer --lead would heat up rapidly and make the tobbacco taste like --well bad.
ottawadigs said:
most probably a candle snuffer

:icon_thumright:

Now that I think of it, there was a old church just across from the park and down the road from where I found this.

Not doubting anyones input, just that the hole in the bottom of the bowl had me thinking other wise.

Thanks
DJH
 
Per the pro's on the What's It Forum, it's a candle snuffer :notworthy:
 
Great find congrats, looks really old to me.
 
Very cool. Any idea on the age?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom