Found a little bit of silver everywhere I went...

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...ended up with this small haul. Paid ~$34 for 38 grams of sterling jewelry/thimbles + a beautiful silver-rimmed glass plate, 65 g, not shown due to laziness. The ring is James Avery .925 + 14k, and the taller thimble is Taxco and going into the personal stash. The fox pin was a gift for my SO, quite well received.

ForumRunner_20140716_181528.png

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent deal.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where'd you find your haul?

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flea market: owl, cross & TX charm, thrift store 1: ring, craft/antique mall: thimbles, thrift store 2: fox tie tack, thrift store 3: sterling & etched glass plate. Better than not finding anything at any of them, actually passed up a Stuart Nye pinecone pin for $4 but if I'm in the area I'll probably go back for it, it was cute and worth 2-3 times that.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The thimbles are lovely. Are you going to sell those? They look vintage.

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to list the smaller one after I've ID'd it but keeping the older Taxco one for myself. Almost half the money I spent ($14) went into the two bags of thimbles that I found them in, should be abe to at least break even selling the one and honestly they were the first affordable sterling thimbles I've come across (obviously overlooked by the seller) and I just had to snag them. Now I have 15 random metal/wooden/ceramic thimbles from those two bags, guess they're going up as a lot on eBay because they're taking up space lol.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a yahoo group called Sew Its For Sale. I used to sell sewing supplies there. No fees, sorta like Craigs List for the whole internet. I bet you could sell them real quick there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread