Found a Magic Box

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
Going through my boxes tonight with no great results. Decided to do 1 more. Popped the top and immediately saw a SL ender. Thinking that was good, looked closer and count 3 SL enders and 2 silver kennedy enders. Almost afraid to start opening them - might spoil the moment!

Well....moments up and I am going exploring. Will give a count, for anyone interested, when finished.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about using the wrong term. For the record, I have never found a Seated Liberty in a roll. I have found 7 Barbers, though in past 2 years +.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure hope to find a box as good as that sometime soon. So far my best box was (7) 90% (2 Walkers , 4 Bens & 1 '64) & (2) 40%. But I think I'll be topping that box pretty soon (I sure hope). :)

H$H

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Very nice box! That would definitely fill a few holes in my albums, grats :) At first I thought you were talking about a quarter box (standing liberty) but then you mentioned kennedy

OP
OP
M

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
Fistful...1920 half - G is the estimated quality, not a strange mintmark. More silver than numi value. The next box I opened, same bank, picked up at same time included a 1919 and 1918 half, same condition. I also found my 8'th Barber half in that one - 1907, but very worn. Looks like someone may have been culling out their collection.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
midntmn said:
Fistful...1920 half - G is the estimated quality, not a strange mintmark. More silver than numi value. The next box I opened, same bank, picked up at same time included a 1919 and 1918 half, same condition. I also found my 8'th Barber half in that one - 1907, but very worn. Looks like someone may have been culling out their collection.

what bank do you go to if you dont mind me asking and are you south of the Mason Dixon line or north??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread