What's new

Found a new location - Old football field - First time hunted...See picture

wlb42

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
562
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out yesterday, Monday to an Old football field in a small town in Florida about 10 miles from my house.....

Strange, that I was not aware of this field, but taking a different road heading to a previous site, I ran across this old field......Glad I did......I found 38 clad quarters, 6 clad dimes and 10 memorial cents, a total of 54 coins with a face value of $10.20, plus found a small silver ring that was not marked, but read high silver reading.....looks old......
P1010022.webp
Thanks for looking.

Happy Hunting......and MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone.

Bill from Florida
 
Upvote 42
Good haul I bet there will be many rings and you wont find a lot of junk on a footballfield so dig all signals Great amount of coinage for one year good going Thanks for sharing keeps us MI people sane during all the snow
 
Congrats on the nice clad haul. :occasion14: I like a good cladfest hunt. Local open football fields hold plenty of clad. I do have an older one a few towns over, that has given up a hand full of silvers. Some are so infested with targets that I only dig quarter signals or above for a few hunts and then return to pull the lower denomination coins. The last one I hunted I averaged a little over $6 an hour. The FB field in town is always locked and has no trespassing signs all over. Maybe someday I will get permission to hunt it. :dontknow:
 
panhandle, north, central or south? spent 24 years in FL, and there was never enough time....
 
Definitely a target rich site! Congrats on your finds.
 
Thanks for all the comments......it is amazing to me how many clad quarters can be found in one small area, like a football field or playground that either has not been hunted at all, or maybe not recently for many years......here is an example of just one hunt in just one small playground area, in actually a fairly small school in SW Georgia.....I have posted this maybe a few months ago, but was the most quarters found in one day, for me....I believe that Loco-Digger has seen this, but maybe this will inspire some newbies, that there is a lot of targets, and places to find nice hunting areas.....it is all about research & persistence......thanks for looking:

My highest $ average of $.2197 cents average per coin of 99 total coins found today

Found a Georgia Elementary School today that I have never searched, and it was obvious that no one else had searched either. With the aid of my New White's TRX pinpointer that I recently won on "The Silverslingers" I found a record one day total of 81 clad quarters, plus 15 clad dimes, and 3 memorial "copper" cents for a total of 99 coins for a total face value of $21.75......and when divided by 99 coins found is a career $ average high for me, per target of $.2197........which is almost 22 cents per coin.......When I find an unsearched location like this, and was a 30 mile one way trip from home......I will use my 1st Stage method of recovery running in VDI of 70-99 and rejecting the cents and everything else below 70, not knowing when I would be back.......in order to get maximum $ average per coin found on my 1st trip.....In addition I also found 2 Silver .925 rings which I posted a picture of them and all the coins I found below. The 2 sterling rings were 20 grams in weight, and with silver closing today at $18.80 per ounce makes their melt value $11.18......so my total was $32.93 in value today.

YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO ENLARGE:




P.S. I was using my White's MX5 and TRX Pinpointer today.

Thanks for looking and HAPPY HUNTING​
 
Last edited:
Good job. Within a year of buying a Tesoro Bandido It had paid for itself. In fact, over the years I have found enough clad to pay for it 3 times over. Great job and keep digging those signals
 
I am jealous of all the finds but not jealous of all the bending to dig them up. Man I wish my back was better.
 
Awesome hunt WLB...I absolutely LOVE a huge cladfest! There's nothing like a virgin site that just PUKES up tons of $$$...just like Loco ...I'll just rape n pillage all the high signals, I LUV quarters...im a quarter hoarder! Then I'll go back on subsequent trips and clean things up..believe me..you will get many, many hours of quality hunting there, I've been visiting my go-to soccer field ever since I started and I still go home with a full pouch. Ddf
 
Nice job on the battery money and ring !
 
Nice hunt, should be more silver, probably a gold or two also, keep digging and GL.
 
Nice finds! :occasion14:

These types of fields are ripe with Gold and Silver rings. These are some of my most productive jewelry finding areas.

Dig all mid-tones!

GL & HH
 
Nice work!

strick
 
Sweet! That is quite a cladfest with silver to boot!! Congrats!

See if you can find the area where they drop their equipment & sports bags, you just may up your ring count nicely!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom