What's new

Found A Nice Carved Mini Ball Today

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,806
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a spot today (private land with the owners permission) that was used as a staging area for Union troops before a battle. I found a lot of mini balls, including this carved one. They must have been at this spot for a while and it makes you wonder if the young soldier was trying to occupy his mind before the fighting started. It’s delicate and well done and maybe in the shape of a chess piece, what are your thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4127.webp
    IMG_4127.webp
    171.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4126.webp
    IMG_4126.webp
    231.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4125.webp
    IMG_4125.webp
    343.8 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 29
Thanks guys!
 
Very nice UNIQUE FIND !!!
 
I haven't found many carved bullets, but they are among my favorites. You certainly found a super nice one, Congrats!
 
I went to a spot today (private land with the owners permission) that was used as a staging area for Union troops before a battle. I found a lot of mini balls, including this carved one. They must have been at this spot for a while and it makes you wonder if the young soldier was trying to occupy his mind before the fighting started. It’s delicate and well done and maybe in the shape of a chess piece, what are your thoughts?
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom