What's new

Mini Balls And A Soldier’s Wedding Ring

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,806
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to hunt an area today where fighting took place during the Civil War. After finding several fired bullets I found a spot where I found 10 dropped mini balls (including a chewed one), all within a 8 foot circle. After I dug the chewed bullet I found a man’s brass wedding ring about a foot away. I’ve read that the soldiers would give their gold rings to their wives and wear brass ones in the field. Makes me wondered what happened at this spot.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3887.webp
    IMG_3887.webp
    3 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3886.webp
    IMG_3886.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3891.webp
    IMG_3891.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 189
Upvote 33
Nice finds! 👍 that’s an outstanding hunt to find that many civil war bullets & brass.
Thanks Mike, yes it was a decent day for 2025
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom