Found a old barn site

outtair

Aug 14, 2008
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-70, Tesoro Cibola
My wife and I were invited to a 2 day trip up in the country about 60 miles north of Mobile. These friends own 1800 acres on the Alabama River. This area is very sparsely populated and mostly used as hunting camps. My friend captures wild pigs and then feeds them in a pen to fatten for slaughter. I took my metal detector in hopes of a old home site. Yesterday while the others were butchering 8 pigs they dropped me off 2 miles in the woods were there was suppose to be a old site. They called it the University ( they thought it was an old school site) it was covered in older trees but the pattern showed something had been there.
As you can she it appears to have been a barn or tool shed. I spent about 3 hours digging, my best guess is pre 1900. The stirrups and curry comb are the same style as Civil War. Lots of holes dug with other rusted objects, these were worth keeping. Axe head, hatchet head, plow parts, cross cut saw and horse items. I will clean and electrolysis the items and give them to the owners for display. I am hoping they will let me keep one stirrup as this is the first I have found and similar to Civil War. While I was hunting my wife and another lady found 7 prehistoric sharks teeth. And the best part is I came home wtih about 30 pounds of pork.
Thanks for looking,
Tim

Attachments

• IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 568
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like remnants of an old sawmill.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like those two stirrups, I'd be checking around the yard for more CW relics.

HH< Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread