D DarthYoda333 Full Member Joined Jul 14, 2023 Messages 115 Reaction score 124 Golden Thread 0 Nov 8, 2023 #1
ticndig Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2009 Messages 3,656 Reaction score 8,618 Golden Thread 1 Location Cumberland Va 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used T-2-SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 8, 2023 #2 size ? with just one bolt hole I'd say from a push plow. Upvote 0
D DarthYoda333 Full Member Joined Jul 14, 2023 Messages 115 Reaction score 124 Golden Thread 0 Nov 8, 2023 Thread Owner #3 ticndig said: size ? with just one bolt hole I'd say from a push plow. Click to expand... I’d say a little less than a foot (I don’t remember exactly) Upvote 0
ticndig said: size ? with just one bolt hole I'd say from a push plow. Click to expand... I’d say a little less than a foot (I don’t remember exactly)
D DarthYoda333 Full Member Joined Jul 14, 2023 Messages 115 Reaction score 124 Golden Thread 0 Nov 8, 2023 Thread Owner #4 ticndig said: size ? with just one bolt hole I'd say from a push plow. Click to expand... How old do you think? Or at least best guess? Upvote 0
ticndig said: size ? with just one bolt hole I'd say from a push plow. Click to expand... How old do you think? Or at least best guess?
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 8, 2023 #5 Probably 19th century. Lots of steam tractors were used in the late 19th century, gasoline and diesel took over in the 20th century. Upvote 0
Probably 19th century. Lots of steam tractors were used in the late 19th century, gasoline and diesel took over in the 20th century.
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 8, 2023 #6 Cool find! Looks like the front base for an old mold board plow? Upvote 1
IHC656 Sr. Member Joined Jul 17, 2023 Messages 345 Reaction score 1,961 Golden Thread 0 Location Michigan Detector(s) used Garrett 400 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 8, 2023 #7 If you clean it up a little more you may find the makers mark or other markings to help ID it. But as it is I’d guess pre 1940,s plow point. Upvote 1
If you clean it up a little more you may find the makers mark or other markings to help ID it. But as it is I’d guess pre 1940,s plow point.