What's new

Found a point with pottery 2-9-2020

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's rare that I find a projectile point but we had some flash flooding rains Thursday that washed out some pottery and the point. I think the point is a Kirk Corner Notch and I'm sad part of the base and tip is broke off but still it's my first of this type and I am grateful to have it. It's pretty old, early Archaic.
Kirk.webp Feb 9-2020.webp2-9-2020.webp
 
Upvote 0
That's still a really nice point, congrats! Also the pottery shards are cool too
 
What a heart breaker ! Still a sweet point I think your right about it being a Kirk corner notch , hopefully there’s a few more waiting for you after that storm
 
Nice day/finds!
 
I think it's a super point!! With all the stuff you find in that creek of yours you should have a bucket full of points:icon_thumleft:
 
Nice'un! Maybe that point will break the dry spell for you.
 
Beautiful!
Please post a few more photos showing edge work and the other side.
 
Still a beautiful point.
 
Sticking with it has paid off for you Peaches, ben a long time but nice point.
 
Very nice finds.
 
Very nice!
Good looking material too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom