What's new

Found a possible Adena

My first thought was Thonotosassa, but not for sure.

Damn nice find, by the way.
 
My first thought was Thonotosassa, but not for sure.

Damn nice find, by the way.

That was my first thought as well. I don't think there are true Adena Points found in your area. Great looking finds Tony.
 
Good call on the Thonotosassa although a little crude. My uncle found a lot of those points (all around 5 to 6") on one of his sites he was over in the panhandle of Florida. Not sure of the yr but want to think it was in the mid 80s. Great find havent seen one in yrs.
 
I would say Benton but the shoulders are kind of weathered so it's hard to be certain. I believe that Deep South thono's have a more tapered base. Thono's do have Benton like shoulders with a short Adena type stem. An Adena would have a long "rat tailed" stem. Both thono's and Adena share the "rat tailed" trait. When compared to a Marion this trait is more obvious. Although not one of the most common points in Florida they are found there. I have read of two killers found in the withalahoochie under hwy 19. One of which was 8.5 inches.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom