What's new

Found a silver Ike

kd5txx

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
First one I ever saw. Teller was pulling halfs from her drawer and pulled 2 Ikes. I saw one looked silver so bought them both and 6 halfs. 2 were 40%ers. So now I have one. I guess they may not be worth a whole lot but I sure have never seen one. And this one is in Perfect shape.
 
Upvote 0
Yes Its Silver. Sweet ring to it too.
 
Nice scores - those 40% Ikes are very rare in the wild!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Good score on the Ike :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 
Good find on the Ike. Barbers, IH, and Standing Liberty Quarters,are easier to find than a Silver Ike. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Are silver Ikes minted with the "S" mintmark? I had a few hundred dollars in Ikes and turned them in at the bank. Wasn't worth the trouble to ebay them.
 
I would be dancing all the way to my car if I found that! :laughing7: I've been able to find around 50 Ikes so far, but no silver. Congrats! :thumbsup:


packerbacker said:
Are silver Ikes minted with the "S" mintmark? I had a few hundred dollars in Ikes and turned them in at the bank. Wasn't worth the trouble to ebay them.

Yep, all silver Ikes will have the S mintmark, they were only issued as collectibles from the mint
 
Nice score on the Ike got one this year to i always ask for them had one bank in June had a hundred of them five rolls and in one roll was a 1922 silver dollar i started to scream and my son goes dad are you OK could not believe it . happy hunting Ron
 
Nice. Still looking for my first. Always good to find a "first-time" coin.

apush :read2:
 
Awesome find! In ten years of on and off CRH I've only ever gotten one silver Ike and one 1921 Morgan -- that was awesome, I asked the teller if they had any of the big dollars and she pulls out a 1921 Morgan and asks if I want that one.... It was almost impossible to retain my composure ;D

Way to go on a very nice find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom