Ed-NH said:I was thinking that since the loops are steel and the core is softer material perhaps it was some sort of break-away link such that if the strain on the chain or rope was too much, this link would break away saving the chain or rope from snapping. Just a thought but who knows....

Bluezman, I ran across your old post doing a search on oxen shoes. The part in question was IDed as a water well chain pump part, in case you are still wondering..Bluezman said:Whatever this "thing" is, it can't be too uncommon, because this is the second one I've found so far. Can someone I.D. it for me, please?
Bluezman
Ima Swinger said:Actually, I didn't know that MJ. Very interesting.
I have to go with my first thought on the "thing" though.
They are tie-downs for alien space ships.
When they think they are alone, they let their guard down a little.
So when someone stumbles onto their landing sight, they get startled, and in their rush to escape, they forget to haul in their anchors. This of coarse breaks the tie-downs off the outside of the ship. There should be anchors and chains in the area also.
They love farms.
Yep...I've seen it many times.
Ima![]()
That's what causes those crop circles I suspect...
))
Looks like Charlie P. almost had it, those pumps needed mechanical power and probably got it from windmills. . I had given up and forgotten.