4-24-2019 (4).jpg

Afterwards I found the other part to it

4-24-2019 (21).jpg

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool post angler and congrats!,

The Shenandoah is an old lazy winding river almost always placid and lazy. I've seen the hundred year flood stage three times in my 68 years. Roofs, cars house trailers and outbuildings catamaraning down a chute at unimaginable velocity. At times like this, bridges are death traps! Best wishes!

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure as hello wouldn't wrap that strap around my wrist. The smell that comes up when you lift that hook is death, rancid and odious. The smell of living creatures forced beneath the flood and ruined! The whole river bottom smells that way and I'm sure it has untold centuries in the past. I've known people lost in those floods, and buildings and residences as well.
Research as you will but please respect the folks that will never enjoy that placid paradise again!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hunter may have been trespassing on someone's property, the property owner found it and promptly sent it overboard into the water ! Every now and then, we will find a stand on my brothers 240 acres, take it down, cut it into pieces and leave it lay at the base of the tree for a year or so. That way they have plenty of time to come back and get the hint, that they should not be there without permission. Trespassers in any sport or hobby beware ! And yes, I have been a deer hunter for 35 years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread