What's new

Found A Trio Of Buttons Today. ID Help On The Marine Corps Button

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
10,318
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Location
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

I just finished up settling into my new place in California from Ohio. Had a little time last night to do a little hunting on Base. Found 3 buttons. The shiny one I know is not old but the flat button is from the WW2 Marine Corps Herringbone service uniform were marked, "U.S. Marine Corps" The other one I'm not sure how old it is since the Marines had the same design forever. No markings on the back. Appears to have a little guild on the front. It appears to be copper or brass. Found 2 wheats (1950's) and the usual clad.

004-40.jpg


005-39.jpg


006-38.jpg


007-39.jpg


008-37.jpg


Here is a link to the WW2 Button on the Marine Corps Issue Herringbone uniform

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-USMC-MARINE-CORPS-HERRINGBONE-TWILL-TROUSERS-/390318412619
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
The two piece is in great shape! Nice Digs :thumbsup:
 
The Marine buttons have changed very little over the years. At a glance, I would say that this is a newer one, but the back-marks are the best way to determine the time period. Clean off the back, and post what it says. This might tell us what you have.
 
Good to se you getting out again Ron, nice stuff . Got to be a lot there if your digging wheaties Rob :coffee2:
 
Glad to hear you are situated and moved in. HH, Mike
 
Ron,
Glad to see you settled in and posting again. Nice WW2 button. :thumbsup:
I hope you are enjoying the Pacific now and that beautiful Calif weather you lucky Dog. :laughing9:
-Doug-
 
ModernMiner said:
Ron,
Glad to see you settled in and posting again. Nice WW2 button. :thumbsup:
I hope you are enjoying the Pacific now and that beautiful Calif weather you lucky Dog. :laughing9:
-Doug-

Thanks Doug. I'll keep you in mind for some See's candy. There is one 2 miles away Best regards, Ron
 
Crazyjarhead said:
ModernMiner said:
Ron,
Glad to see you settled in and posting again. Nice WW2 button. :thumbsup:
I hope you are enjoying the Pacific now and that beautiful Calif weather you lucky Dog. :laughing9:
-Doug-

Thanks Doug. I'll keep you in mind for some See's candy. There is one 2 miles away Best regards, Ron
That's right, rub it in. :laughing9:
 
Nice button. I dont think it is a newer one. I never seen a back like that one on any newer uniforms. I was in 10 years and still have my uniforms and I also have a vietnam era Marine uniform (utilities) and a WWII era dress blue blouse and trousers. I am starting to piece it together with buttons and ribbons and my goal is to donate it to the military museum here. I dont have a button to compare it to but the newer buttons do not have a back with Marine Corps stamped on it.
 
bclark said:
Nice button. I dont think it is a newer one. I never seen a back like that one on any newer uniforms. I was in 10 years and still have my uniforms and I also have a vietnam era Marine uniform (utilities) and a WWII era dress blue blouse and trousers. I am starting to piece it together with buttons and ribbons and my goal is to donate it to the military museum here. I dont have a button to compare it to but the newer buttons do not have a back with Marine Corps stamped on it.

Any help obtaining anything let me know. I have found 2 of these buttons so far and a 1940's Emblem. I have 100 % access to Base priveledges as I am retired so I may be able to help you find some hard to get items. Regards, Ron
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom