What's new

Found an 1831 Large Cent at a 1980s Soccer Field!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,208
Reaction score
8,034
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an 1831 Large Cent at a 1980's Soccer Field!

At least I think it's from 1831. Found it about 6 inches down and didn't hit it with my digger, for a change. Not in bad shape, but of course the date is hard to read. I think it has to be either 1821 or 1831. The mintage for 1821 was really low, so I'm betting on 1831. Let me know what you think!

Here's a few pics. i didn't do much to it. Just brushed it a little with a toothbrush and then did the nose oil trick on it.

1831 lc dirty.webp1831 lc back dirty.webpDSC04895.webpDSC04896.webp
 
Upvote 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom