Found an Old Old Colt Pistol!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello Everyone and Merry Christmas!!!!

I was metal detecting a couple of days ago at an old house that is about half a block of so from the old Historic County Jail here in my Hometown. I found this old Colt Pistol about 8 inches or so down buried in the yard. any ideas on it's age and which model colt it is?
The Neat thing about where I found it is, there are two houses that look like twin houses one being a little larger than the other, both are owned by the same man (A good friend of mine) anyway he tells me one day that the houses are actually a log cabin that have been sided over with aluminum siding and that they were very old!! and also that the two houses used to be one two story log cabin and that the second floor of the larger house was removed and setup as a second home. so there is some history in the ground around them!!!! the yard has the absolute blackest soil I have ever seen!!!! well, I just wanted to post this and hopefully someone can telll what model and possible years this pistol was made. thanks everyone.

Attachments

• MVC-932F.JPG
    MVC-932F.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,920
  • MVC-933F.JPG
    MVC-933F.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,810
  • MVC-934F.JPG
    MVC-934F.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,067
  • MVC-935F.JPG
    MVC-935F.JPG