What's new

Today was cooler and overcast with a slight breeze.

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the first day I have felt well enough to get out in a while, So I grabbed my little Tesoro Sidewinder and headed to the woods. There used to be an old log cabin near a creek that I hunted once years ago. Today, I hit a hole that was loaded with everything from harness parts to buckles of all sorts to the remains of an old trumpet, to two pistols and more.
I assume it was an old dump site. Otherwise, I don't know what to make of the hole. I know there is more there, so one day when I feel good again, I will go back to see what else is there.
July 26 Cabin site finds.webp
 
Upvote 18
Glad to hear you’re feeling better and able to get out for awhile, Creskol. That’s one honking big pile of stuff to all have come from one hole! And a couple of guns to boot, sounds like a very promising spot you’ve found. Take care of your health and we’ll be patiently waiting to see what you find next! 👍
 
WOW all of that in one hole!!

Are the pistols real or toys?
That's a lot of stuff - congrats !
Glad to hear you’re feeling better and able to get out for awhile, Creskol. That’s one honking big pile of stuff to all have come from one hole! And a couple of guns to boot, sounds like a very promising spot you’ve found. Take care of your health and we’ll be patiently waiting to see what you find next! 👍
Thank you all. It was good to get out. I have everything soaking in a Simple Green bath for the night. We shall see what emerges from it tomorrow.
 
This is the first day I have felt well enough to get out in a while, So I grabbed my little Tesoro Sidewinder and headed to the woods. There used to be an old log cabin near a creek that I hunted once years ago. Today, I hit a hole that was loaded with everything from harness parts to buckles of all sorts to the remains of an old trumpet, to two pistols and more.
I assume it was an old dump site. Otherwise, I don't know what to make of the hole. I know there is more there, so one day when I feel good again, I will go back to see what else is there.View attachment 2260863
A lot of digging!!! Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
I finally have the guns as finished as they are going to get. View attachment 2263968
The one on the bottom looks like it's a .36 caliber Remington Navy revolver, this gun and the .44 caliber Remington Army revolver both were used during the Civil War by the Northern Army as a secondary, supplemental issue firearm but after the Colt factory burned down 1864 the Colt model 1860 Army pistols were not available for some time, so large number of the Remingtons were sold to the Union Army for $15 each, $10 less than the Colts, many more .36 caliber (7,250) were sold than the .44s (850).
 
Last edited:
The one on the bottom look like it's a .36 caliber Remington Navy revolver this gun and the .44 caliber Remington Army revolver both were used during the Civil War by the Northern Army as a secondary, supplemental issue firearm but after the Colt factory burned down 1864 the Colt model 1860 Army pistols were not available for some time, so large number of the Remingtons were sold to the Union Army for $15 each, $10 less than the Colts, many more .36 caliber (7,250) were sold than the .44s (850).
Thanks for the info. I appreciate that.:icon_thumleft:
 
Awesome recoveries! It’s super rare to recover pistols! Fantastic finds. Congratulations 🍾!
 
What is the nail tip looking thing coming out of the back of the barrel on the top pistol?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom