Found another firearm today

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure how old it is yet but my guess is the early 1900s. it looks to be a .22 caliber.
rifle found mar 5 2023.jpg

Upvote 54

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to do something like that, but my wife promptly nixed the idea. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
AMAZING FIND !!! Tell us the story on how you found it and just type of area nt location. As for your wife Nixing the idea. Send it to me I wear the pants in our family :) SOME TIMES LOL

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
AMAZING FIND !!! Tell us the story on how you found it and just type of area nt location. As for your wife Nixing the idea. Send it to me I wear the pants in our family :) SOME TIMES LOL
Gary .. Just about this time 3 years ago I secured a site consisting of 43 acres. The site is flanked by one river and one good sized creek and has a lot of history to it dating back to the 1700's. It has an old mill site, and two old house sites that I know of so far. I only got out a few times since I got the permission, but have made it a priority this year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 8.54.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 8.54.05 PM.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 8.55.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 8.55.46 PM.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 22

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far do WE HAVE to walk to get there. Should i bring one of my Polaris Rangers ?

:) hehehe

Tfinder1

Greenie
Aug 14, 2011
AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle, Whites DFX, Whites Surfmaster , Minelab GPX 3500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find, I have an odd story to tell of finding a gun while metal detecting, it was during a club hunt, Eureka club out of Denver, CO , but the annual coin hunt in the forest took place in Leadville , CO , Well , the gun went off ( to start the 45 minute all you can find hunt) people swinging detectors like crazy and digging shallow because the coins were only a few inches deep. Everyone kept walking over the same piece of pipe saw it was metal and went on because we only had 45 minutes and they were all coins or tokens buried about 2-3 inches deep. Everyone but one who just had to find out what it was everyone was passing on. It turned out to be the barrel of a revolver , i think an old colt. Its been so many years I can't remember, but the man brought it back all cleaned up the next year while the rest of us kicked ourselves for not be curious enough during the hunt to bother with a piece of pipe. HA

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just soaked a rusted out bayonet in evaporust for 24 hours. I knew it would not hurt it and it came out spectacular.
Might be fun to bring out a little more detail.
Nice find.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Evaporust is great stuff. I haven't tried it on this yet.
I have tried it all and evapo rust on stuff like this does good. Electrolysis tends to eat holes in thin areas. Give it a try and let us know.This bayonet looked worse than your gun. I also was able to clearly read the stamps/

Attachments

• IMG_8072.jpg
    IMG_8072.jpg
    649.4 KB · Views: 12

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread