Found another firearm today

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure how old it is yet but my guess is the early 1900s. it looks to be a .22 caliber.
rifle found mar 5 2023.jpg

Upvote 54

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! Your weapon appears to be a 1890 winchester pump 22. Them were nice ole guns. Congrats. Nope I'm wrong, I didnt see the side loading gate, I'm wrong on I'd, I dont think the model 1890 had a loading gate. Sorry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! Your weapon appears to be a 1890 winchester pump 22. Them were nice ole guns. Congrats. Nope I'm wrong, I didnt see the side loading gate, I'm wrong on I'd, I dont think the model 1890 had a loading gate. Sorry.
I cleaned the crud out of the barrel an measured it with my micrometer. The barrel measures 7.58mm so I am guessing it isn't a .22 after all. Maybe a .30cal.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger I found a rifle that had been through a fire with shells in it still, melted and exploded in the chamber and barrel I wish I had kept it for a wall hanger.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I would guess the 1800s based on the hex barrel. Awesome find. Can you find a makers mark?
Nice gun creskol
Super find! Too bad there is not maker's ID on it. Congratulations on a great conversation piece.
Looks like an old Colt Lightning Carbine, possibly .32-20. It was manufactured between 1884-1904.

Nice Save of the old rifle barrel.
When I was younger I found a rifle that had been through a fire with shells in it still, melted and exploded in the chamber and barrel I wish I had kept it for a wall hanger.
Nice find Congrats
Thank you all! I appreciate you guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions