What's new

Found at log home site VERY OLD . What is it

csa1865

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a site were there were remains of a few 100_9697.webpvery old log buildings and homes . I found this at what to appeared to be the front door of some kind of building . Is it some kind of lock ? It is very old . It has a funky part that sticks out a :BangHead:little at the bottom of the hook . I tried to clean it , but the more I try , the more chucks of rust comes off so I quit 100_9695.webp100_9696.webp
 
Upvote 0
I found something very similar onetime. It turned out to be part of a wagon hitch.
 
Upvote 0
It is about 11 inches long . My wife is getting on me for dropping rust ! I'm going to have to vacuum again !
 
Upvote 0
I forgot about this one sorry man,.

Ummmm bow with size.... um..... errtrrrrr...............................

PArt... or all... fireplace trammel.

But... ? ? ?
 
Upvote 0
Meaning... this would MAYBE be used for cooking pots hanging over fireplace.
 
Upvote 0
I vote with aarc
 
Upvote 0
It is smith made, it's very old, Ill side with AARC, fireplace hook of some type. It's hard to say with some of this old smith made stuff. The same piece could be used for different jobs.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe AARC has it correct! :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
definitely not a hoof pick. I don't think it was for hanging pots, most of those were double hooks or the top where the eye is would be twisted sideways. it could have been used on a fulcrum type scale for weighing items...maybe. Then again it could have been attached to a chain, or it's just what it looks like, a hook to hang something on. Either way cool find because it's old and hand forged. Good save.
 
Upvote 0
Pot lid lifter?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom