Found at Old Mill

D

Deeper

On my first real hunt, I found this small axe head, date unknown. It was located near an old mill in New Kent County in eastern Virginia. The mill dates back to about 1800 and was used for about 100 years. The owners are restoring it so there's lots of opportunity to hunt. The head of axe measures about 4 inches across and about 8 inches from top to bottom. I'll be returning to the site again soon.

Attachments

• axe.jpg
    axe.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0
Nice find, Deeper, wonder if you can date an axe head? maybe someone on here knows.

Welcome to the forum, hope to see somemore of your finds in the near future!

Welcome to the madness.Nice find.There has to be more.Pull all that iron out of the ground and the goddies will show up.What are you using for a detector ?

H$H

I'm using the White DFX, but while the detector is a good one, the operator is a bit of a novice. Hopefully as I get more acquainted with it, I'll do better.

Its called a broad axe ....great find....and best of luck to you hunting. welcome to the forum.It was used for hewing ....

Nice find Deeper...from what i've heard you got a great machine.Congrat's on the axe head and Welcome.HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back