Found: Bottle, pottery, and hunting help

F

fleur325

I only found trash metal, today. But, while I was detecting, a friend of mine, at my garden, said that she had seen an MD'er several times, outside the fence. As she was telling me this, said MD'er pulls up. I called him over and invited him in in exchange for friendly advice.

He showed me better digging and pinpointing techniques. Advised me not to be single-mindedly focused on metal, and was just generally nice to this new kid.

So, today, I found a bottle, with a nick on the bottom, but the bottle itself is intact, and a chunk of china with a gorgeous design on it. Probably nothing valuable, but neat finds, coupled with some great advice on places near me to hunt, including advice to stay out of where I was, since it would take me years to get past all the bottle caps and soda cans (drunks and drug dealers like to toss crap over our fence all the time).

He found a Moroline jar, a clay marble, and 36 cents in clad while I was there.

Upvote 0
Always good to bump into other locals who can help! Here's to you finding treasure of all the good kinds going forward.

Congratulations on your non-metal finds, fleur. Ya never know what kind of treasure will show up. Just goes to show that like 99% of us are nice, friendly, and helpful. HH and keep smilin' 8)

I forgot to add he let me ooh and aaah at his White's DFX. Husband was asking me why we didn't get one of those with digital readouts and depth meters and whatnot. He didn't ask again when I told him the DFX cost one thousand buckaroos.

And he said for that price the coins should just surrender and jump out of the ground and right into your pouch ;D HH

It seems that most people that MD are nice and helpful. You are sure to run into one of the bad type sooner or later but the rest more than make up for them. Being around those that are good at MDing is one of the quickest ways to learn.

GH

gunny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back