What's new

Found buckle i believe is civil war

casey wiggins

Greenie
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Seeing if anyone knows more about this buckle I found....
 

Attachments

  • image-3516251174.webp
    image-3516251174.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 309
Whats on the front of it? Also lay it down on a measuring tape so we can see how long and tall it is.
 
There is nothing on the front, I found some trouser buttons also nearby, I found these at a location where civil war soldiers were supposed to have camped....I am going to upload a picture of the front
 
Here is pic
 

Attachments

  • image-3556969328.webp
    image-3556969328.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 217
Another pic of front
 

Attachments

  • image-4071411661.webp
    image-4071411661.webp
    26 KB · Views: 218
I had a friend let a group of civil war collectors and metal detector club members look at it in Austin, Texas. They shied me several pictures almost 100% identical of buckles dating to the late 1830's to the 1840's
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom