What's new

Looking for the age of this buckle

JoeB_OH

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
300
Reaction score
519
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm trying to narrow down an age era for this buckle. I believe it's a shoe buckle?
I found it near Lake Erie in Cleveland, Google Lens put's it at 17th century but I kind of doubt that, Has anyone found a similar one or know what time Era it would be from?
Thanks & cut plugs and Get some!
 

Attachments

  • WP_20260804_12_23_36_Pro.webp
    WP_20260804_12_23_36_Pro.webp
    461.9 KB · Views: 113
  • WP_20260804_12_23_51_Pro.webp
    WP_20260804_12_23_51_Pro.webp
    551.9 KB · Views: 63
  • WP_20260804_12_24_11_Pro.webp
    WP_20260804_12_24_11_Pro.webp
    495.3 KB · Views: 59
  • WP_20260804_12_24_50_Pro.webp
    WP_20260804_12_24_50_Pro.webp
    413.8 KB · Views: 60
  • WP_20260804_12_25_20_Pro.webp
    WP_20260804_12_25_20_Pro.webp
    534.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Can't say I've ever seen anything like that. But definitely not a shoe buckle, unfortunately.
 
Looks uncomfortable to wear in contact with the body.
 
It is very interesting , never seen one like that and also with attachment points
 
I'm trying to narrow down an age era for this buckle. I believe it's a shoe buckle?
I found it near Lake Erie in Cleveland, Google Lens put's it at 17th century but I kind of doubt that, Has anyone found a similar one or know what time Era it would be from?
Thanks & cut plugs and Get some!
Wish I could help but it’s nice!!
 
I'm trying to narrow down an age era for this buckle. I believe it's a shoe buckle?
I found it near Lake Erie in Cleveland, Google Lens put's it at 17th century but I kind of doubt that, Has anyone found a similar one or know what time Era it would be from?
Thanks & cut plugs and Get some!
I'm trying to narrow down an age era for this buckle. I believe it's a shoe buckle?
I found it near Lake Erie in Cleveland, Google Lens put's it at 17th century but I kind of doubt that, Has anyone found a similar one or know what time Era it would be from?
Thanks & cut plugs and Get some!
That is a real nice buckle. I like the design.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom