Found bullet casing in Poland need help identifying

Alfred1989

Oct 10, 2022
Silly question, found a fired bullet casing while in Poland. It is a small calibre and looks newish prop 9mm. Glare on image is bad. Heat stamp is "XF 9P 17". Seems like there was code on primer but can't really tell. Anyways thought it would be straight forward but still haven't found much info so thought I would reach out. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 36

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Alfred.

You've posted in the section for those needing help with the forum, but I expect one of the mods will move the thread for you to get more exposure.

There are others here who know a lot more about ammo than I do, but your cartridge has an ‘X-Force’ headstamp and was produced by SUMBRO (Suvenir Makedonski Brod) in what was Yugoslavia, but now the Republic of North Macedonia (since 1991). The company is currently owned by ATS (Ammunition Technology Services). I don’t know when the X-Force range was introduced, but I believe it was relatively recently.

X-Force.jpg

I believe it’s what is generically called a ‘9mm Luger” round but with the casing shortened from 19mm to 17mm. I think the (European) designation on yours means 9mmx17mm Parabellum. Some call it a ‘Browning Short’, since it was designed by John Browning in 1908 [corrected from 1912 in my original post] but it’s also known as ‘9mm Kurz’ (meaning ‘short’ in German) and in America as ‘.380 ACP’ (Automatic Colt Pistol).

Last edited:
Upvote 3

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Alfred1989!
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! Description: This section contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions