Found cool Money Clip/Watch

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went out today to the same area that I found the seated dime last weekend, and Kathy found this very
money clip 001.jpgmoney clip 002.jpg

cool item. It says 10K gold filled on it, whatever that means. Any guesses to age?

Upvote 0
Cool find, thinking maybe from the 40's. Wonder if you could soak it and pop the back of the case open to see the maker then it would be an easier dating process.

I don't remember ever having seen one of those before - it looks 1930's -40's to me . Where the watch chrystal should be ,appears to be opaque and rust colored , is there a cover over the chrystal ? what are we seeing here ???

Gold Filled is gold plated... I'd also say 40's - 50's
Cool find !!
Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

I don't remember ever having seen one of those before - it looks 1930's -40's to me . Where the watch chrystal should be ,appears to be opaque and rust colored , is there a cover over the chrystal ? what are we seeing here ???
You are looking at the watch crystal my friend. If you click on the picture you can see where a chip is missing from one of the corners.

Thanks , I see that now - an unusual find to be sure . I'm beginning to think that this may not be a money clip after all - the clip here may have served to position the watch to the viewer in some capacity . The reason I'm leaning this way -is that it looks a bit long and bulky compared to most moneyclips I've seen - pure speculation on my part !

Last edited:
Gold filled is different than gold plated although I forget exactly what......a google search should tell you.......nice find......

doc-d,

Thanks for the heads up on that. According to Wikipedia, 10K Filled is a solid gold layer equal to 1/10th of total weight. This is something I never would have known until today. Very interesting stuff. Here is the link Gold-filled jewelry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back