What's new

Found fake jewelry

ghostds

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone,

I have been metal detecting now for a little over a month and have had lots of fun.

I mainly detect on the beach and have found $11.24 in change. I found two earrings and a long necklace.

I took the jewelry to two different pawn shop and all tested as fake with the acid test. The necklace was stamped "14k Italy" on the clasp. I was wondering if the majority of jewelry found is fake? What is the relation between fake/real jewelry that people are finding? I am just unlucky at being 0 for 3. I guess it is buyer beware with jewelry it looked authentic to me. I am happy to be finding anything so it is enjoyable and gets me out of the house.

I will keep looking maybe the next one will be legit.
 
...Keep at it the gold will be there.....
 
I hunt parks 1970's and older and I get about one nice piece to jewelry to say a dozen or so fake.
 
Do you remember the saying !!!! Measure twice cut once!!!! I can be that the test was done incorrectly using the wrong solution of acid!!!!! Take it to a jeweler and have it tested!!!! HH chug Yes misstakes are made!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom