Found fake jewelry

ghostds

Oct 23, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have been metal detecting now for a little over a month and have had lots of fun.

I mainly detect on the beach and have found $11.24 in change. I found two earrings and a long necklace.

I took the jewelry to two different pawn shop and all tested as fake with the acid test. The necklace was stamped "14k Italy" on the clasp. I was wondering if the majority of jewelry found is fake? What is the relation between fake/real jewelry that people are finding? I am just unlucky at being 0 for 3. I guess it is buyer beware with jewelry it looked authentic to me. I am happy to be finding anything so it is enjoyable and gets me out of the house.

I will keep looking maybe the next one will be legit.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Keep at it the gold will be there.....

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt parks 1970's and older and I get about one nice piece to jewelry to say a dozen or so fake.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you remember the saying !!!! Measure twice cut once!!!! I can be that the test was done incorrectly using the wrong solution of acid!!!!! Take it to a jeweler and have it tested!!!! HH chug Yes misstakes are made!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread