What's new

Found First Burial Urn Today

slider66

Owner Treasure Coast Metal Detectors
🥇 Charter Member
🛒 Supporting Vendor
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
1,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure Coast Of Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went to the local beach today for about an hour. The waves were really rough but I went in the water anyway. I had found a few clad pieces when all of a sudden I had a huge hit. I knew the object was big but I figured it was an aluminum can or some other large metal object. I was totally surprise when I dug this out of the water with my scoop. It was an urn with the name Graham on the bottom. I always thought urns were bigger than this. It is about 3 inches tall and 5 inches round. Thanks for looking and have a great weekend everyone.
IMG_1102.webp
 

Attachments

  • photo (2).webp
    photo (2).webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0
I sent it out to the Gulf Stream by boat so it wouldn't wash up again in the same place. It is in 100 feet of water now. I don't think we will see it again in my life time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Looks like it was a keepsake urn - just meant to keep a small portion of the ashes - not the whole thing (perhaps divided amongst siblings). If it was in the ocean the owner probably released the ashes and then tossed the urn and lid into the water. Could be a last wish kind of thing.

Neither the ashes nor the urn have any karma or any efficacy whatsoever - all superstitions not withstanding. You could have used the urn to hold jellybeans.

Jackalope
 
So now that you have both pieces to the urn, what's' your plan? Hope its a good one.
 
Nice return. Did you do any fishing while out?

sponge using smoke signals.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom