• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Excellent ! Best of luck! This site holds a tremendous amount of history! Remember that as with most Fort sites ,if government owned, they only own the actual site, leaving acres and acres of surrounding property to be searched!!!! Hope you find lots!!!!Looking forward to your pics!
As long as you posted the pic, I can say that this was a site in the Revolutionary War that saw thousands of troops march through.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Best of luck getting permission....The finds will be endless with so much area to cover .....Battle sites are great areas to hunt .........Seeker :D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Look forward to seeing the finds from that site!!

Good luck!!!

;)

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
Sorry to tell you this,but it is a historic site and only the state can peruse the area.I was run off the site many years ago.I have heard tales of professors from Jacksonville state univ. going there and finding old buttons and such lying on top of the ground.I also heard that these professors kept their finds.The monument is not located on the fort site.I use to hunt arrowheads near the river and there were bunches of them.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I have two of those same digging machines..... extremely expensive , but worth every penny....here's a trick....keep slipping coins in the hole...they will dig forever when finding something...." oh ,theres a quarter....but its still beeping...better dig some more" ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread