found in a tot lot.

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
These were only found in a tot lot but the school is over 150 years old so who knows. They rang up on the Ace 250 right in the middle of the gold/pop top section. But obviously are not. They were 4" down in wood chips right under the multi-level horizontal bars that the kids can hang on. (great for change also by the way! they hang upside down and everything falls out!) In case it's not clear the coin in the pic for reference is a dime. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• things.JPG
    things.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 520
  • things-2.JPG
    things-2.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 530
  • things.JPG
    things.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 520
  • things-2.JPG
    things-2.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 523

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a curtain loop. Large loop slides on pole, small hoop you attached the curtain too?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
captain Jack

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
well, there were only two, and curtain loops would be wierd to find in a tot lot. (not that wierd things don't show up in wierd places) But I think they are too small, and there are no breaks in either loop. Maybe just junque, but something is telling me not to get rid of these yet.

Upvote 0

mirage hunter

Jun 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 PRO XL
NorCal 6er said:
What about guides for the reins on a buggy or harness?

Joe

Joe i think you might be wright thats what they look like to me!! kool finds though!!!

Upvote 0

CodyCat Borat

Jan 15, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra-50, Whites classic 2
I love taking guesses on all this useless junk people dig up, it's kind of fun in a way, so here it goes. I think it has something to do with eyeglasses.

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mirage hunter said:
NorCal 6er said:
What about guides for the reins on a buggy or harness?

Joe

No, those guides are a whole lot bigger and would not be in the wood chips. I think they are just junk, but being proved wrong would be better :)
Joe i think you might be wright thats what they look like to me!! kool finds though!!!

Upvote 0

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry I can't help with the identification, but keep in mind when MD'ing tot lots that, besides
the obvious new stuff that's dropped, like coins, jewelry, small toys, trinkets & such,
sometimes wood chips are already contaminated when first delivered to the play area, usually with chewed up pieces of metal banding, and often other metal items that were attached to the scrap wood before it was processed into chips. I doubt that wood chip production includes an operation specifically for extraction of foreign metal objects, otherwise we wouldn't be finding this stuff.

ToddB64 ;D

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry codycat but I must call you on this one. We, the world's greatest of all treasure hunters, all of us on Tnet, every member charter or otherwise do not dig worthless junk! We only dig junque and crape'! M ;) nty

Upvote 0
OP
OP
captain Jack

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks crusader and pbk! I guess not such a cool find, but one more thing in the old memory bank for when I find another one. Now if I can find the wierdo goin around hanging curtains in a tot lot...

Upvote 0

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
What you going to do with the weirdo once you catch him/her. I guess you could them home and make em hang new curtains in your house??? :D

Daryl

Upvote 0
OP
OP
captain Jack

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
there's already a wierdo here that does that :) Thankfully she doesn't mind me MDing. Although after quickly finding out how obsessive this hobby can get I mostly limit it to when she is at work.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread