What's new

Found in Iowa cow pasture.

TimC

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
405
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a farm outside of Lansing, Iowa I found this at about three inches down. It looks like brass with a thin green paint coating. The loop area is preshaped much like todays scissors handles. The iron at the other end rotates. It's not a cotter pin, but may have the same function. Help me out.

TimC
 

Attachments

  • MVC-038S.webp
    MVC-038S.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 643
Maybe, small horse bitt
 
Upvote 0
I found a similar item not to long ago. I was told it was a "gag bit" from a harness.

Brian
 

Attachments

  • Marshalton whatsit 017.webp
    Marshalton whatsit 017.webp
    18 KB · Views: 448
  • Marshalton whatsit 019.webp
    Marshalton whatsit 019.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 455
  • Marshalton whatsit 017.webp
    Marshalton whatsit 017.webp
    18 KB · Views: 454
  • Marshalton whatsit 019.webp
    Marshalton whatsit 019.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0
It looks like a glass cutter.
 
Upvote 0
All I can add is the rotating iron piece would be repeated on the other side (where the indentation is)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom