FOUND IN MY CHANGE TODAY

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I was bored while eating lunch today so I decided to go through the change in my wallet (see what you guys are doing to me?) and I found 3 nickels: a 1954; a 1963; and a 1985 D in pristine condition! I know the '85 isn't that old, but it looks straight out of a uncirculated set, shiney and everything! Okay, maybe that isn't all that exciting, but I thought it was cool. Hope everyone had a great day!

vicki

Upvote 0

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Usually, I'll find maybe some war nickels, silver Rosies, and sometimes and occasional Buffalo nickel in my change

GL & HH,

DugHoles

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
I haven't even had so much as a wheat penny turn up in my palm lately. I can't tell you that last time I got something good in my change... been a loooooooooooooooooooooong time!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..It happens! I got a 1954 nickel in my change last week. I know there's probably not any value except five cents but I kept it as I just like older coins. It was in Ex condition but not new. Nickels sure seem to wear well in circulation. And I remember when my Dad bought his first new car, a 1954 Ford, red over cream. It had a under the dash air conditioner and it would keep you cool if you sat right in front of it! It was the first tutone car I had ever seen and soon tutoning was a fad and my Dad started it here locally. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread