DFX Hunt #3 ****GOLD****

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the DFX out today.? I started out hunting coins using the dual frequency mode set as hot as I could get her to run and stay nice and smooth. (Thanks for the info JerDFX) I found 48 (P), one was a wheat a 1958.? 21 (D), 9 (Q) the oldest was a 1965 and 2 (N) all clad.? After that I ran down to the sandy beach at the lake and did a little jewelry hunting.? I changed the DFX setting to 15kHz only.? Let me tell you.? That 15kHz will pick up some small stuff.? I dug a piece of foil smaller then a BB at 10 inches.? ?The best part is that in the 15kHz mode pull tabs hits real high on the VDI scale so after you dig a few it's easy to passem over.

Then I found this baby.
? ? ?The necklace is stamped (14k NW ITALY)? it had a VDI of 24 at 5 inches.? After I dug the necklace I didn't go three feet and I got a tone, it was the cross.? It had a VDI of 4 at 6.5 inches.? I also dug a pocket full of alum foil bits so small that my hand held pinpointer wouldn't even pick them up.

This DFX takes a little book learning to figure out but I like it.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Gold Cross.jpg
    Gold Cross.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Wow! great find gotta love that gold stuff! Do you think you hit on the cross?
Those chains are very hard to pick up.

I found the chain first. ? I dug it washed it off, ?did my little dance dropped it in my pocket and then found the Cross. ?I would say it was about 3 feet from the chian.

Thats really cool kermit! Great job!! WTG!!

Kermit,

nice finds, good hunt, sometimes life is good.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Excellent! My only gold necklace find was in the same hole as a penny and rang up as a consistent 28. I was using my BH Land Ranger of all things instead of my 800 dollar super detector which doesn't have a VDI meter! So, I've always wondered what the chain alone would have rang up as on the VDI scale. A newer pull tab and a nickel also ring up in about that same range. A newer or bent pull tab sometimes comes in the same as a gold ring but I don't remember the VDI reading. Monty

It looks like your really learning that DFX, Congrats on your finds

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back