What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found in parking lot

rickertmork

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
371
Reaction score
740
Golden Thread
0
I can’t find anything that matches this watch on the internet. Maybe i posted this before I don’t recall. I was thinking it’s gold or plated anyway maybe not.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7941.webp
    IMG_7941.webp
    655.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_7933.webp
    IMG_7933.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7934.webp
    IMG_7934.webp
    401.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7935.webp
    IMG_7935.webp
    382.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7936.webp
    IMG_7936.webp
    293.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7937.webp
    IMG_7937.webp
    359.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_7938.webp
    IMG_7938.webp
    928.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7939.webp
    IMG_7939.webp
    658.2 KB · Views: 96
Very nice indeed. I hope your is 18K rose gold, like this one being offered at over $4,000:

WIndsor.webp

 
Upvote 0
There’s no gold markings I could find. I could not get the age and all the other international watches say international and co. So I’m at a dead end
 
Upvote 0
Very nice indeed. I hope your is 18K rose gold, like this one being offered at over $4,000:

View attachment 2256792
Holy shot
 
Upvote 0
I can’t find anything that matches this watch on the internet. Maybe i posted this before I don’t recall. I was thinking it’s gold or plated anyway maybe not.
Yes, plated, but very nice watch nonetheless my grandmother had one I think was my pop pop's to begin with... same exact one...was lost due to a burglary over a decade ago, they didn't even care to look that they actually took human remains with them
 
Upvote 0
There’s no gold markings I could find. I could not get the age and all the other international watches say international and co. So I’m at a dead end

That's not unusual. For most vintage 'International' watch cases in gold, the hallmarks/purity indications are on the inside of the case, not the outside.

Get a jeweller to open it up for you! Good luck.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well i wouldn’t be able return it to j lampert (name on the back), there would be thousands of them. So should I take it to a watch professional? You really think it’s gold ? What year do you think? What way do I turn the winder knob?
 
Upvote 0
I accidentally cracked it open now my brother claims it’s his: what a foool
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7958.webp
    IMG_7958.webp
    391.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7957.webp
    IMG_7957.webp
    309 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7956.webp
    IMG_7956.webp
    254.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7955.webp
    IMG_7955.webp
    202.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7954.webp
    IMG_7954.webp
    409.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7953.webp
    IMG_7953.webp
    424.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7952.webp
    IMG_7952.webp
    293.4 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
What is up with the purple gem stones son the bolts/screws on the inside
Quality made watches have jewels on the movements. Hence 17 jewels. Your case is 14K.
Don't touch the mainspring!
Basically if you damaged it, scrap it.
Congratulations on the find
 
Upvote 0
Take a closer look at this enhancement of the marks from the inside of your watch case.

hallmark.webp


Between the ‘14K’ mark and the serial number, there’s a maker mark as a ‘crescent C with an arrow through it’. That’s the maker mark for ‘Cressarrow’ of Newark, NJ originally founded in 1890 as N.E. Whiteside & Co.

Cressarrow.webp


In 1903, the jeweller Henry Blank bought into the business, which then became Whiteside & Blank, eventually reorganising as Henry Blank & Co. The company continued to use the ‘’crescent C with an arrow through it’ throughout its history and was known for assembling high end watches using their own gold cases and imported movements.

So, your watch movement and case are from different makers, and the case serial number will not be in the database for the International Watch Company because it’s a Cressarrow number. Further examination of your watch may reveal the IWC movement number, enabling it to be dated.

In the Spring of 1912, Henry Blank travelled alone to Europe to conduct dealings with watch movement manufacturers in Switzerland and stone dealers in Paris, Belgium and Amsterdam. He returned on the Titanic, and survived the sinking. Cressarow serial numbers are not well documented but the earliest reference I could find to the International Watch Company supplying movements to Cresarrow for wristwatches was for case number 21039 with an IWC movement number 674272 produced in 1917. I would think your watch was probably assembled in the 1920s.
 
Upvote 0
Where is the main spring?
Balance wheel is the correct term-sorry.
Main spring is what you wind up.
To wind just go right then left this maintains a Balance for some reason.
That is the stem sticking out if the side of the case.
When feel a hard stop-stop!
Wind it up every day
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the 1930’s. Just a guess based on my dad having one that was similar. Best of luck on the date.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the 1930’s. Just a guess based on my dad having one that was similar. Best of luck on the date.

Looking more closely, there is actually an IWC serial number on the movement, but the photograph is too poor to reliably say what it is:

IWC Serial.webp


I read it as 10434?3 And, if that’s correct, the movement was made in late 1941 or early 1942:


Be wary of some other sources for IWC serial numbers since they often quote the numbers for pocket watches which are not applicable to wrist watches. Henry Blank may have married the movement with one of their Cressarrow cases perhaps as much as a year or two after that. As I already said, there are no reliable records enabling Cressarrow case numbers to be dated.
 
Upvote 0
If you found it in a parking lot and it has the leather band on it, in spite of it being possible broken, it was a recent drop by someone walking through said parking lot. Unless you have thousands of J. Lambert in your town, you should be able to reunite it with its owner. For instance, where I live, there is a fellow I am acquainted with whose name is Joe Lampert...not a lot of those names in my county here in the Tampa Bay region of Florida..just sayin, I would be trying.
 
Upvote 0
If you found it in a parking lot and it has the leather band on it, in spite of it being possible broken, it was a recent drop by someone walking through said parking lot. Unless you have thousands of J. Lambert in your town, you should be able to reunite it with its owner. For instance, where I live, there is a fellow I am acquainted with whose name is Joe Lampert...not a lot of those names in my county here in the Tampa Bay region of Florida..just sayin, I would be trying.
I actually found about where it came from, my mom said she found it in a parking lot, but my brother said he inherited from the dead grand dad, our dead granddad, he already had it appraised and knew what year it was from. So it appears my mom is a thief.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom