Found in storage unit! Need info...

Sleuschen

Nov 25, 2022
Going through boxes out of a storage unit I find a single ring that is marked "ARTCRAFT 10K P" on the inside of the band. It's stones are gone So once I get it weighed I'll update that on here but anybody have any idea what could possibly be worth? There is placement for the one big stone and then two smaller stones next to it. As well as what would be the best place to take this to get the most amount of money out of it?

Attachments

• 20221125_163700.jpg
    20221125_163700.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20221125_163821.jpg
    20221125_163821.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 5

FC-Treasure

Sep 9, 2011
Northern VA
10K gold is currently valued at $22.41 a gram. This is known as the "spot price". So a baseline value is $22.41 x # grams. If you sell to a gold buyer they will pay you under spot. If you sell on eBay, then you might get closer to spot, but then you have to pay fees. I personally consider gold rings without stones to be scrap unless they are special in some way. (yours is not in my opinion)

OP
OP
S

Sleuschen

Nov 25, 2022
The letters KP stand for karat plumb. These letters indicate that the ring in question is guaranteed to contain gold that has a purity grading equal to or greater than the amount stamped, which is 10 karat in this case.
Thank you, I think I understand the karat marking well enough. However I have not ever heard of nor seen "ARTCRAFT" on anything and didn't know the significance of it... and honestly am more interested in possible value after I weigh it. 😁

OP
OP
S

Sleuschen

Nov 25, 2022
10K gold is currently valued at $22.41 a gram. This is known as the "spot price". So a baseline value is $22.41 x # grams. If you sell to a gold buyer they will pay you under spot. If you sell on eBay, then you might get closer to spot, but then you have to pay fees. I personally consider gold rings without stones to be scrap unless they are special in some way. (yours is not in my opinion)
Thank you for the info that's very helpful!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried a magnet on it ? I found a ring marked 18K , took it to the pawn shop to sell for beer money and the ring jumped onto the guys magnet , man looked at me like I was trying to get over on him. so me being a smartass asked the guy how much is he going to pay for it. his reply was I'll give you full value which is nothing. I don't think you're looking at much money , take it somewhere local and you'll get a little spending money.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artcraft is probably just the company who made it. Maybe a take-off on the more popular Art Carved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions