dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Jul 21, 2010 #1 Found in western,co when I live there for a few months.I was looking for arrowheads and ended up finding this.I dont have any idea what it is. Attachments mail.webp 67.7 KB · Views: 434 mail2.webp 66.6 KB · Views: 415
Found in western,co when I live there for a few months.I was looking for arrowheads and ended up finding this.I dont have any idea what it is.
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Jul 21, 2010 Thread Owner #2 Re: Found in western co,dont know whether a rock or bone or what it is? help ple whatever it is,it is fossilized Upvote 0
Re: Found in western co,dont know whether a rock or bone or what it is? help ple whatever it is,it is fossilized
dustintimmons_83 Full Member Joined Oct 25, 2007 Messages 165 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location west central illinois Jul 21, 2010 Thread Owner #3 Re: Found in western co,dont know whether a rock or bone or what it is? help ple I'm pretty sure its not deer horn Upvote 0
Re: Found in western co,dont know whether a rock or bone or what it is? help ple I'm pretty sure its not deer horn
allen_idaho Hero Member Joined Dec 4, 2007 Messages 809 Reaction score 114 Golden Thread 0 Location Culdesac, Idaho Jul 21, 2010 #4 Looks like a piece of rib bone. Upvote 0
traderoftreasures Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2009 Messages 2,211 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location central, Illinois Detector(s) used white's spectrum VX3 Jul 21, 2010 #5 prong horn Upvote 0
AKiwi Sr. Member Joined Aug 4, 2005 Messages 430 Reaction score 11 Golden Thread 0 Location Hastings, NZ Detector(s) used Garrett GTA 500 Jul 23, 2010 #6 Yep... Just as I thought....No idea Is it rock? that bit on the sec. pic, on the left, is it steel? Upvote 0
randazzo1 Bronze Member Joined Feb 1, 2006 Messages 1,582 Reaction score 1,746 Golden Thread 0 Location New York, NY Detector(s) used Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 23, 2010 #7 Definitely a fossilized bone. Could be dino - we picked up dozens of them on a trip out west several years ago. Minerals have replaced the natural bone. Not uncommon to see crystals or opalization in a cross section. Upvote 0
Definitely a fossilized bone. Could be dino - we picked up dozens of them on a trip out west several years ago. Minerals have replaced the natural bone. Not uncommon to see crystals or opalization in a cross section.
pronghorn Hero Member Joined Jan 7, 2008 Messages 572 Reaction score 53 Golden Thread 0 Jul 25, 2010 #8 traderoftreasure said: prong horn Click to expand... You rang? Actually looks like it could very well be dino bone. I have a small collection and that is fairly similar to some of my pieces. Upvote 0
traderoftreasure said: prong horn Click to expand... You rang? Actually looks like it could very well be dino bone. I have a small collection and that is fairly similar to some of my pieces.