What's new

found in yard today

OhioDeb

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
119
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
westcentral Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this copper pin with 1923 on the front. Anyone know what it is? It looked better with the tarnish on it. Oh Well. OhioDeb
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 521
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 519
  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 506
It could be the top bar of a metal/award that was given in 1923. Does it look like there are any places on the back where an attachment could have been? If not, a ribbon could have been glued to it.

Assuming you found this in Ohio according to your ID name, I thought this was interesting:

On July 8, 1923, Samuel H. Deutsch, a jeweler in Cleveland, formed the Cleveland Indians. The Cleveland Indians was a professional football team that played its home games in Cleveland, Ohio. The team was part of the National Football League. During the 1923 season, the Cleveland Indians won three games, lost one game, and tied three, finishing fifth in the league, which had twenty teams.

WELCOME to TNet :icon_thumleft: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I couldn't find one just like it but my guess would be some type of date tag for utility poles or RR ties.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • RailRailTieDateTags.webp
    RailRailTieDateTags.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0
Think you are on to something Watson! It does have a medium shank. :icon_thumleft: OhioDeb
 
Upvote 0
I looked at that 1923 thingy again - I think it is too small. Go back and look at the pics again. OhioDeb
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
There was a post on this a while ago. If I remember correctly it is from a license plate (the year). Nice find.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom