Found it on Maui

Ranger121

Apr 7, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Amphibian II
Bounty Hunter
Attention "Don & Ila" : While doing my retirement job of keeping the Maui beaches free of loose change and stray jewelry, happened to swing thru the rocky end of Kamaole 1 beach park. Apparently Don and Ila brought their detector on vacation with them last year and cleaned up some coinage as well. Found this jar buried in the lava rocks and sand, and got a great surge of adrenalin when I pulled it out,,,,,,silver ?, wheaties ?, anything old ?. Nope, as the note in the lid reads, " Don and Ila, March 14, 05, $1.16."
Thanks Don and Ila for the rush. I took it home, tumbled the 116 clad pennies, which obviously had spent some time in the salt, with an SOS pad for 48 hrs, added another 116, and replaced the jar where you buried it. Oh, and, by the way, bring your detector next time too, cause I put in 10 wheaties, 1 IH, and a special surprise. You've got one year to find it again before I add it to the kids college fund.
Ranger & Rangerette

Attachments

• Picture 234.jpg
    Picture 234.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 461
  • Picture 235.jpg
    Picture 235.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Picture 236.jpg
    Picture 236.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0
These are indeed a treasure to find. Good job on returning it to the sands.

HH,
Sandman

Thats a great story and wonderful ending! Thanks for replacing it...someones memories ....Now tell us...whats the special suprise you put in it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back