What's new

✅ SOLVED Found metal detecting in my back yard - what are they?

Kapidr

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
352
Reaction score
351
Golden Thread
0
Location
By the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And please don't say "a penny" :)

The penny is to show size.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • whats it 1.webp
    whats it 1.webp
    131.7 KB · Views: 209
  • whats it 2.webp
    whats it 2.webp
    110.5 KB · Views: 151
The right hand piece is gun Furniture, not sure on the disc thingy.
 
Upvote 0
I thought a piece of a gun, any idea what type of gun?
We don't find many items like this, so not got any gun reference books, but looks late 18th - early 19th C to me. Someone will know for sure which type.
 
Upvote 0
We don't find many items like this, so not got any gun reference books, but looks late 18th - early 19th C to me. Someone will know for sure which type.
Thanks :)
 
Upvote 0
What about a coat hanging hook rack
 
Upvote 0
the round part looks like an escutcheon or door rosette
productimg
 
Upvote 1
Id agree with both id’s but why do the back sides look like bizarro galvanization or some kind of conglomerate resin? Not what I would expect from what typically would be brass items.
 
Upvote 1
Id agree with both id’s but why do the back sides look like bizarro galvanization or some kind of conglomerate resin? Not what I would expect from what typically would be brass items.
Good eye, but zoom close on the RH piece and you can see where the "gravel" was imbedded and also where it was never imbedded 🤘

I see by the sea now so probably not gravel, looks more crushed coral to me but I'm a land guy, only had coral and crushed coral in my salt tanks.
 
Upvote 0
Id agree with both id’s but why do the back sides look like bizarro galvanization or some kind of conglomerate resin? Not what I would expect from what typically would be brass items.
Coquina/sand stuck to it after salt water immersion for years
 
Upvote 1
Gotcha, see there hasn’t been an ocean in Kansas in a couple hundred million years so I don’t find things like that… brass is just green and iron rusty.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom