Found mostly junk and then the Cops showed up!

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a 1967 Matchbox Greyhound, a geode, copper makeup brush handle?, and possible bird band? with the number 2473. Then along came the cops in a early 70's Matchbox Mercury.:laughing7:
DSC_0022.JPGDSC_0023.JPGDSC_0024.JPG

Upvote 9
Does kind of look like quartz with gold, but just a geode.

That was an interesting hunt... different mix of stuff. Matchbox cars are always a cool find.

Nice finds, love pulling the old Matchbox/Lesney.

Nice cars, I lost a few playing in the dirt many many years ago. I like your hunt.

I was just getting all fired up about to go on a rant about how people call the cops on innocent detectorists, then I open the post up and see the matchbox car

well played sir, well played lol!!!

Coold digs. I used to own and play with both those match box toys back in the late 60s and early 70s.:thumbsup:

I was pretty excited to find the Geode actually because they are not common at all in my area. These were found in my back yard, which happens to be a Native American habitation spot along a river dating back about 2,000 years. This geode although not for sure could have been a Native American curiosity stone as I found it about 8 inches down which is where I often find pottery shards, arrowheads, etc. as I dig targets. Never going to know what pops out of the ground. Still searching for the Clovis, but have found numerous other Paleo points and artifacts.
HH

I was just getting all fired up about to go on a rant about how people call the cops on innocent detectorists, then I open the post up and see the matchbox car

well played sir, well played lol!!!

LOL, really is two cops in the car!

That was an interesting hunt... different mix of stuff. Matchbox cars are always a cool find.

Thanks love finding them too, especially when I find them with my kids helping me out pinpointing them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back