What's new

found my first 1970 half :)

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
1,512
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
how many have you found? and what is so special about this again?
 
Upvote 0
0, They only made about 5 million of them between the 2 mints. They are NIFC (not intented for circulation) D or S ?
 
I have found 2.

70D, 2.150 million were made for mint sets.
70S, 2.632 million were made for proof sets.

Nice snag.
 
I have found a dozen, all D's cept one. I have 3 right now waiting to be traded. The first one is the hardest, now that you've got one there will surely be more. HH Mark
 
I haven't found any, and to tell you the truth I would rather find a 90% half than a 1970.
HH
Rich
 
I have found 3- 70D and 1- 70S.
Rich Hartford said:
I haven't found any, and to tell you the truth I would rather find a 90% half than a 1970.
HH
Rich

The good thing about 70D coins is that if they are in good shape, you can get a relatively good price when you sell ($10-$20) each.

Jim
 
Rich Hartford said:
I haven't found any, and to tell you the truth I would rather find a 90% half than a 1970.
HH
Rich
I've 6 of them believe, and yes a%90 would be better- but they do beat the clads and they are sooo neat looking when they are proofs too.
 
I've gotten three 1970-D's and one 1970-S in all the years of CRHing. They are very scarce and nice to have in your collection. I wouldn't sell them if you don't need the money. The same for 1987 P/D's.
Even though they are clad, they were only in mint sets and proof sets. They are Key Date coins for Kennedy sets and will probably go up in price as time goes by. Just my opinion.
rileyboy
 
Went to get my oil changed, to a small garage, a fella have known for 20 years- paid him in Halves, he immediately began "looking for Silver," I said you won't find any in there then! Jewel was his name, he went on to talk about years back when he used to have route he'd do weekly hitting the Banks in SE & S Central MO & northern Ark too; didn't wana say too much but got a laff out of his conversation with me.
 
I believe that I have 3) 70D's and 1) 70S.... thats it and I do a ton of searching.... So very hard to come by.

Mojo
 
I have six between d and s mints. It is a rarer find and neet to find the last 40% in the 1965-70 era. I know they made 40% bicentennials but still neat.

Golden Silver
 
I have only found a single 1970 (Denver mint) in about four years of regular searching. What is weird is that I found that first one right away when I began CRHing, and knew it was something special when I had to pull the plug out of the Whitman folder to add in the coin. An astounding number of half dollars have since passed through my silver-tarnished hands since four years ago, but never another 1970. They would seem to be rare indeed, and worthy of holding for the future.
- Grizz
 
I've found 6 or 7, five of them at same time think 2 of them are proofs too- don't really consider them a big deal simply put all the Silver proofs together and figure when get a bunch will sell them as a bunch one day when do sell them; got my first Ben proof not too long ago too.
 
It is always nice to find then in the wild (rare crh)
but not a numismatics rare coin at all.

You can buy a 1970 S proof set from $8-$10

You can also get the 1970 mint set from $12-$17


Still it is dificult to find it in the wild

CB
 
Darth Walker said:
It is always nice to find then in the wild (rare crh)
but not a numismatics rare coin at all.

You can buy a 1970 S proof set from $8-$10

You can also get the 1970 mint set from $12-$17


Still it is dificult to find it in the wild

CB


So much better find then even a common 90%'r

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom