Found my first buffalos and first shield nickle

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
These are from my past two days out. I finally found my first buffalo's. On top of that I got my first shield nickel. I could only date one of the buffalos under magnification and it is a 1927. There isn't much left of the shield nickel. I can see a "5" on one side and a shield on the other. Kinda weird, because I have found half dozen V nickels this year. Also got a better looking indian (1900). A couple of silver Rosies and not pictured is 10 wheaties. Two from 1919 and the rest were 30's, 40's and 50's.

These were found in a local park with the Explorer II. I really am starting to like this detector. Coins were dug about 5 inches give or take an inch.

Not much, but here is the pictures

Attachments

• coins 2.jpg
    coins 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 414
  • coins 1.jpg
    coins 1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0
Doug , Youre turning out some nice coins with the EXII.The Indian is a beaut!
Congrats on your Ebay sale.Makes the price of the Explorer seem not too bad ...EH!
Joe

they come in pairs i snagged my first sheild this weekend also ;)

That Indian is beautiful Doug!!! :o

Congrats on all those great finds!

Nana :)

Sweet digs 8). I've said it before and I'll say it again, Indians and silver (not to mention the nickels) is a good day ;D

Excellent finds! Congrats on your first Buffalo Nickels.The IH is a beauty with full Liberty and a great patina.Great job on the silver to! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back