jrf30
Bronze Member
After doing this for almost a YEAR, and seeing all sorts of great posts showing Franklins and Walkers and even a few Barbers, I've finally found a Frankjlin half! And I found TWO of them in fact.
I still have NO luck on boxes. I'm up to 42 in a row for skunks on silver right now and still counting. I get some NIFC, and I keep those, but 42 boxes in a row have been silver skunks for me here in AZ. However, I continue to pick up all the loose halves I can get. The banks save them for me when they come in. And yesterday I scored finally on some Franklins.
I went in to Chase and they said they had $9 in halves. Someone had dropped off $120 worht, and htey gave someone else $1 but had $9 left. I hoped that it wasn't that someone took the only two silvers in the batch and left the rest. I take them ALL. ALWAYS. This way I don't have to explain what i am looking for. Even if i know they are all clad, I want to be known as the guy that takes all halves all the time. So, I took $9. I could see two silvers in the pile as she counted them in her hand. I put them in my pocket (I never look there) and smiled as I knew I had 2 more. And they looked good enough on the rim that i guessed they were 90%'ers.
Outside I looked and saw that the first one was a BEN!! Then I looked at the second one and it TOO was a Franklin.
I have done this for a LONG time, and have had TERRIBLE luck with Halves. I just don't have what others have. But I'm okay with that. And now I'm VERY happy to finally have broken into the Franklin club. :-) A 1951 and a 1953. neither in great shape, but I don't care They are my first ever Franklins during CRH. (I've found a few Detecting in the past).
So that's my story, and i'm sticking to it! I have two Bens!! YEAHHHHHH.
I still have NO luck on boxes. I'm up to 42 in a row for skunks on silver right now and still counting. I get some NIFC, and I keep those, but 42 boxes in a row have been silver skunks for me here in AZ. However, I continue to pick up all the loose halves I can get. The banks save them for me when they come in. And yesterday I scored finally on some Franklins.
I went in to Chase and they said they had $9 in halves. Someone had dropped off $120 worht, and htey gave someone else $1 but had $9 left. I hoped that it wasn't that someone took the only two silvers in the batch and left the rest. I take them ALL. ALWAYS. This way I don't have to explain what i am looking for. Even if i know they are all clad, I want to be known as the guy that takes all halves all the time. So, I took $9. I could see two silvers in the pile as she counted them in her hand. I put them in my pocket (I never look there) and smiled as I knew I had 2 more. And they looked good enough on the rim that i guessed they were 90%'ers.
Outside I looked and saw that the first one was a BEN!! Then I looked at the second one and it TOO was a Franklin.
I have done this for a LONG time, and have had TERRIBLE luck with Halves. I just don't have what others have. But I'm okay with that. And now I'm VERY happy to finally have broken into the Franklin club. :-) A 1951 and a 1953. neither in great shape, but I don't care They are my first ever Franklins during CRH. (I've found a few Detecting in the past).
So that's my story, and i'm sticking to it! I have two Bens!! YEAHHHHHH.
Upvote
0







