What's new

Found my first Native American grooved axe!!! Woooot!!

fir469

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
71
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Hit the newest of my fields, the one that produced the points from my last post. Nabbed a broken quartz point and an unknown material broken tipped blade. On my way out heading back to the car I saw just a small knob of reddish stone sticking out, I hooked it with my rake and pulled a bit and saw the groove! I lost it, happy dance, hootin and hollerin.... My first axe ever! It's about 6" long and 3.5 inches wide. Found in Southern NJ...
 
Upvote 12
Beauty of an axe! :hello2: If only it could talk. Congrats on a first-rate find!

HH
 
That is just a natural rock..... naturally awesome!
 
That's an awesome find - WTG!!!
 
Thx for all the killer replies everyone!! You can def feel the love on this forum... the love for killer finds that is!!! HH everyone!
 
man way to go
sweet find
 
THATS a killer find, the only one i have was given to me by my brotherinlaw just after he found out he had terminal liver cancer, He passed 6 months later.
I'll hold onto that for the rest of my life. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom